Monday, December 23, 2013

12 Days of Service: Day 12

Today's service project was a little closer to home...in fact, it was IN the home. We had originally planned to go to a hospital to deliver little gifts to some of the children that would be there over Christmas. However, due to HIPAA laws and RSV season (which basically wouldn't allow Danny or Dallin onto any hospital floor, we were unable to do so. Yet, I think this was a blessing in disguise. I think so often we seek for service opportunities outside our homes when, in reality, the best service that can be given is the service to those with whom you reside. I loved hearing the boys wake up and proudly report that they had already accomplished at least 2 secret acts of service. All day long the kids (and Jeff and I) were more aware of little things we could do for the others. It almost became a game. I wish this day of service could last all year! Still, it gave the kids the opportunity to look beyond themselves to see that there are small acts of service that can be rendered all day, every day. I am pleased with how our 12 Days of Service went. I truly feel it helped us to enjoy the holiday season because we were able to put the emphasis back into the true meaning of Christmas. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I love to celebrate His birth and reflect on His life. I am striving to be more like Him. I long to be able to one day kneel at His feet in ultimate gratitude for not only His birth, but His life, death and resurrection. I hope we can all remember to seek to serve...and in doing so, carry Christ with you throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment