Sunday, December 1, 2013

Nolan's Blessing

Today my brother-in-law Jordan blessed my nephew, Nolan. This is where a baby officially is recognized on the records of the church by an individual who has the power of the priesthood who pronounces his/her name and gives the child a blessing. It was great to have all my family present for this event. (Actually it's great whenever my family is present.) Baby Nolan is very loved!

Everyone who was present for the blessing. 
Those men who stood in the prayer circle. 
The Shumway family (minus one sister in law)! 
All the Shumway grandkids 
Jordan, Nolan, and Krystle
After the blessing, we went back to Jordan and Krystle's house for a delicious lunch of soup, rolls, and veggies. We all hung out there until it was time to take my parents, bro-in-law, Ryan, and nephew, Tyler, to the airport. Jeff took the kids home (except Dallin who rode with us). My sister, Nichole, and niece, Kate, drove with me to the airport as well. I was bummed that the weekend flew by so fast, but so happy that they were able to visit. At least Nichole and Kate decided to stay for an extra day. Once we dropped them off at the airport, Nichole requested that we go to see the lights at Temple Square. For all the times she's been up here, I guess she's never been here to see the lights. It was a gorgeous (aka not too chilly) night to see the lights. Everyone knows how much I love the holidays, but Christmas is my absolute favorite! It was a great way to end a great weekend!
Kate and Nichole 

Kate and I in front of my favorite tree.





No comments:

Post a Comment