Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas program

Today was the kids' last day of school before Christmas break! They were all convinced that it was Christmas today! They even tried to convince me that they needed to open their gifts...I wasn't convinced. Danny had his 3rd grade Christmas program today. He is growing up way too fast! Jeff and I both noticed that they childlike lack of inhibitions seems to be fading. He seemed more shy this program and more aware that he was being watched. Still, it was a cute program! My heart melted when Danny told everyone that his family's Christmas Eve tradition was to light luminaries and eat a Bethlehem dinner (basically we have a dinner with just foods found in the Bible). We started that tradition last year because it was one I had with my family. I love that, even though I'm coming in a little late to this family, I am able to build traditions and memories that they will cherish for years. I have loved creating a home where peace and love can reside (not that the peace is always present). I feel lucky to have found Jeff and to have a little red-headed boy who enjoys our Christmas traditions!









No comments:

Post a Comment