Monday, December 30, 2013

Wind Caves

Today Jeff, the kids, and I spent the morning on a quick hike up to Wind Caves. To be honest, I don't know why the hike is called Wind Caves because there aren't any caves, but it was a fun, quick, fairly easy hike in which we were able to enjoy the desert landscape. Honestly, I think I enjoyed the landscape more than the others (Laurin wasn't too impressed) and, to continue my path of honesty, I think I enjoyed it because I knew I was "home". This is the landscape that I grew up with. I didn't always appreciate its beauty, but I do now.






My silly kids! 
A panoramic view of the area. 


Tired, happy hikers 
My true love (not the saguaro cactus!) and I!
After our morning hike, Dallin went golfing with the boys again while Danny stayed to help Jeff and Michael chop down a tree limb (that actually became quite a few limbs...and another day's work) at my parents' house. The girls and I just enjoyed a lazy afternoon before going to Nichole's for dinner that evening. Have I mentioned how much I love lazy vacations?!

No comments:

Post a Comment