Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Finally!!! The day the boys' have been anticipating for weeks has arrived at last! Of course, they were the ones who were first awake. Actually I think Jeff was up first, but that's normal. Once the boys were able to rouse their sisters (and anxiously wait on the stairs), the kids came in to unpack their stockings and unwrap their gifts. I love the magic of Christmas. I don't know how else to describe it. I love watching the smiles and hearing the laughter. I would be lying if I didn't admit that I enjoy receiving a gift or two (Jeff got me a new comforter set, some curtain rods for our bay window, and a Panini grill), but even if I didn't receive anything at all, I would still love Christmas mornings. I love giving. To me, that is what is the most important during this holiday season.










Dallin got me a  box of rocks! Actually, there were touch screen gloves underneath the cardboard that held the rocks. 

After a waffle breakfast and cleaning up the messes, we went back over to Jeff's parents' house where the kids unwrapped a couple more gifts (Jeff and I got some long range two-way radios! Good for emergencies!) and we played a few more games. We returned home where we welcomed my two siblings and their families over for an evening of Grinch. We had a Grinch dinner that consisted of roast beast (beef), Who hash (hashbrowns), Who pudding (banana pudding), green Grinch beans, and Grinch punch. My sister, Krystle, made Grinch cookies and we watched Grinch. Another perfect Christmas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment