Friday, December 20, 2013

12 Days of Service: Day 9

Tonight we grabbed Laurin, Dallin and Danny (Amber had a choir party) and headed to Salem Pond. Our service was to give hot chocolate to those who came to the pond to enjoy the lights. Before we left, we all bundled up so we could endure (ok...so I could endure) the cold 19 degree weather. Once we got there, we struggled to set up a system but were soon in a groove. Jeff would stop the cars, Laurin would pour the hot chocolate, I would put the whipped cream on top, and the boys would deliver the cups to the cars. We handed out nearly 40 cups of hot chocolate before we called it quits. It was a fun/cold 45 minutes of service! I love that the kids are enjoying this. I love that they are learning that service comes in all shapes and sizes. I love that we're working together as a family. I just love my little family!


No comments:

Post a Comment