Friday, December 6, 2013

Aunt Mary's funeral

Today Jeff and I attended his Aunt Mary's (his dad's sister) funeral. Unfortunately, I was never able to meet this amazing woman. From everything I heard, she embodied what it means to be charitable and Christ-like. I'm sorry I didn't know her. Yet that's the great thing about the gospel - I know I will be able to live with my family in the next life because we have been sealed to each other through the power of the priesthood. Even though it was a somber event, it was still fun to meet many of Jeff's other cousins, aunts and uncles. We attended the funeral, graveside service, and luncheon before we got back in the car to drive home. It was a nice long drive. Between all the holiday events and other obligations, Jeff and I haven't had a date night in a couple weeks so it was great to have him all to myself for 6 hours. He is truly my best friend. As sad as the event was today, it was a good day overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment