Saturday, December 28, 2013

Golf, Knives, and Pampering

Today the girls and I got up and headed to my sister, Nichole's, house where the boys were staying (we were staying with my parents). Once there, we divided up to enjoy our first full day in AZ! My brother-in-law, Ryan, and cousin, Mark, took my nephew, Tyler, Mark's son, Colton, and Dallin golfing. Mark loves to golf and with the weather being as amazing as it is here during this time of year, the boys couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit the green. Everyone but Dallin has golfed before so I wasn't sure how Dallin would do, but he came back and promptly told me he wanted to get his own clubs! Mark and Ryan were impressed at how quickly he picked up on the golf swing and that he only lost two balls. Golf is not a sport I understand (unless there's a windmill or anthill holes involved in the course), but I was happy that Dallin enjoyed himself.
Danny got to spend the day with "Papa" (my dad). I think Danny thinks his day was the best day EVER! Papa took Danny to an army surplus store where Danny was able to spend his birthday/Christmas money. He bought a tomahawk, dagger, and pocket knife. I loved that Danny enjoyed the day with Papa! So what did the girls and I do?! We started our day with manicures and pedicures (the girls got the manicure and I got the pedicure). For lunch, we ate at one of my favorite restaurants, Pita Jungle, then headed to our outdoor mall to do a little shopping! It was a great first day for all of us!



My cousins, Kelsey and Kate, Amber, my niece, Kate, and Laurin.
Pictures don't ever seem to capture the majesty of an Arizona sunset, but I tried. This was the perfect way to end a perfect first day in AZ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment