Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wintertide

Tonight was Amber's Christmas concert. I think I can legitimately call it a "Christmas" concert because all the songs were "Christmas-y". In Arizona, many schools are unable to have "Christmas" concerts because of the religious undertones of the holiday. I'm glad to see that, at least in our little part of Utah, that doesn't seem to be a big concern. The choirs sang several songs then the orchestra played a couple before everyone combined for a grand finale. I remember being involved in music in high school (I played the flute). I loved every minute of it. I am grateful for the arts programs and for the sacrifices of teachers and students to create such an enjoyable evening of music. I'm even more grateful for talented kids who enjoy participating in these programs! I think I would go nuts if it was all sports...although I think Jeff goes nuts with the cultural arts! In any case, Amber did a great job! It just added to the fun Christmas spirit that has permeated this holiday season.


Amber is on the very left, second from the top. This is the concert choir group.

Again, Amber is on the very left. This is the top choir, Singers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment